WHAT IS THE PHONE INTERVIEW FOR?
The phone interview is our opportunity to assess your suitability for the position and to help you understand whether the position is suitable for you. We will ask you some questions such as:
- Why have you applied for the opportunity?
- What has encouraged you to work in the motor industry?
- What ambitions do you have for your future career?
It’s also an opportunity for you to find out more. We would really encourage you to think about 3 or 4 questions that you might like to ask us.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PREPARE?
The phone interview will likely last between 10-15 minutes and it’ll be led by one of the team here. There is little that you will need to do in advance but we really encourage you to consider the following:
- Make sure that you are ready to take the call and are in a suitable environment where you will not be disturbed. Is there enough battery in your phone?
- Make a list of some questions that you might want to ask us about the opportunity
- Be sure to show your enthusiasm and demonstrate that this is an opportunity that you really want to pursue. We don’t bite and just want to find out why you want to work with us so much!
- Be sure to have researched the role, read the job description and developed a good understanding of what the apprenticeship and role entail. You will find lots of information on the website. Sounds simple, but knowing what you might be doing is a great start!
WHAT STAGE OF THE SELECTION PROCESS AM I AT?
If you reach this stage in the process you’re doing really well. There are a few stages yet to come which will help us assess your suitability for the role further. Consider viewing the Recruitment Process Video on the website which will explain each stage in more detail.
WHAT IF I’M UNSUCCESSFUL FOLLOWING MY PHONE INTERVIEW?
Don’t worry…. Due to the large number of high calibre candidates that apply, applications may not always be successful. It is therefore possible that your application will not be progressed beyond the phone interview stage.
Be sure to keep an eye out for feedback as this is will no doubt support you in future applications and help you understand why you were unsuccessful.
This should not stop you applying for positions with Jaguar Land Rover again and we would encourage you to regularly review the website for new opportunities.
If you’d like to talk through your application in some more detail we’d be delighted to support. Feedback is an essential part of the recruitment process and will support you with your future job applications.
We’d highly recommend the service provided by the National Careers Service website. They’re available on the phone and via email.
If you would like to download and print this information for reference, please follow the link below.