Get in touch: 01926 835 051

Email us: raadmin@jaguarlandrover.com

UK Retail Network

With over 200 sites nationwide, our UK Retailer Network is a great place to develop a rewarding career. Apprenticeships are available across four specialisms: Vehicle Sales, Customer Service, Vehicle Parts and Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. All of our apprentices are employed by one of our Approved Retailer Groups and are enrolled onto the Apprenticeship Programme delivered by Jaguar Land Rover.

It's important that all of our applicants are clear who they will be employed by and we have provided some key information about our groups. Our sites are operated by large franchise groups and smaller independent businesses. The Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Network offers some of the most modern, technically advanced and exciting places to work within the motor industry.

Our Retailers’ aim is to provide an outstanding customer experience through a range of services, including:

  • New and approved used car sales
  • Fleet and business sales
  • Finance and insurance
  • Accessories and merchandise
  • Servicing
  • Bodyshop
  • Genuine parts

This is an exciting time to join the Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Network, with many sites undergoing growth and refurbishment as we expand our product range.

The Retailer Network provides scope for a rewarding career. As an employee of one of our franchise groups, whether you’re new to the industry, or have prior experience, you’ll be provided with all the training and support you need to get up to speed as quickly as possible. As well as training provided by the franchisees, the Jaguar Land Rover Academy provides a range of training and development programmes tailored to each job role including and beyond the Apprenticeship Programme.

Further information will be provided during the recruitment process by our Recruitment and Support Team.

Apply to Become an apprentice today

Apply Now

THE UK RETAILER NETWORK

Explore

Stratstone

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT STRATSTONE

Stratstone has been offering unrivalled, personalised service since the company was founded in 1921. It has been a great success story, made possible by the relationships Stratstone has forged with its key partners and customers.

At Stratstone we are really proud of our relationships with the world's leading automotive manufacturers. We have long standing associations in line with our Core Values, and are able to retail fantastic products and services.

Stratstone has a proud heritage dating back to 1921. Motor enthusiasts Undecimus Stratton and Ernest Instone established the company to offer unrivalled personalised service to its customers.

Now as Europe's largest luxury automotive retail network, Stratstone upholds the values of its founders and prides itself on providing the very highest standards of quality service in Stratstone style.

The Stratstone brand sits proudly along side over 20 of the world's premium automotive manufacturers. 

Stratstone delivers fantastic products and outstanding service in our unique Stratstone style showroom environments.

Stratstone has national coverage and this scale affords the group great opportunities to share its best practice and expertise of the luxury and specialist car markets and offer the Stratstone experience countrywide.

For more information please visit: http://www.stratstone.com/about-us/ 

Guy Salmon

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT GUY SALMON

Sytner Group represents the world’s most desirable car manufacturers in over 140 dealerships across the UK. 

Our success has been built by every team member working together and contributing to our one team ethos.  We strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience; our employees are highly trained, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and driven to deliver our fundamental commitment to our customers; of getting it right first time and making each and every interaction special. 

Our ultimate aim is to be considered the best company to work for in the industry and the best company to do business with.

HISTORY OF THE SYTNER GROUP

In 1968, Frank Sytner and his older brother Alan (previously the owner of the world famous Cavern Club in Liverpool) opened their first used car dealership in Nottingham. Just two years later, the brothers were awarded the BMW franchise for Nottingham and Frank began his successful motorsport career. Beginning in the single seater formulas in the 70’s and early 80’s, Frank’s career culminated with him winning two British Touring car championships in 1988 and 1990 with BMW. 

It was after gaining these two BTCC titles that Frank decided to focus his energy on expanding the BMW business which he and Alan continued to operate in Nottingham. Putting his notorious energy and competitiveness to work outside of racing, the expansion of the company began in 1993 with the acquisition of a BMW dealership in Leicester and was quickly followed by a third BMW operation in Sheffield.

After spending many years working exclusively with BMW, the decision was made to diversify the Group to represent other prestige marques and by 1997 the dealership count had reached double figures; including brands such as Ferrari, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Land Rover and Porsche. Later that year the company floated on the UK stock market and became Sytner Group PLC with long term Sytner director, Laurence Vaughan taking on the role of CEO.

THE PENSKE ERA

By early 2002, Frank and Laurence had rapidly expanded the company to make it one of the largest and most successful car dealership groups in the UK. It was at this point that it came to the attention of Roger Penske, the prominent US businessman, legendary motorsports team owner (Penske Racing) and former award winning racing driver. Roger was looking to further grow his successful US based car dealer group, Penske Automotive Group (PAG), by expanding into Europe.

Given Frank and Roger’s shared passion for motorsport and a culture of uncompromising focus on both employee and customer delight, it was perhaps inevitable that the two companies would join forces later that year.

In 2003, Gerard Nieuwenhuys, a long-standing Sytner director, took over from Laurence Vaughn (who became Chairman) as Group Managing Director. With the mighty resources of PAG now at his disposal, Gerard continued the company’s expansion at the same time as investing in developing our people and building some of the best car dealership premises in the world. After more than a decade leading the company, Gerard took over from Laurence as Chairman in 2014 with Darren Edwards, another long-standing Sytner employee taking over as Group Managing Director.

PRESENT DAY

At Sytner we understand that exceptional customer service can only be consistently delivered by attracting, motivating, training and retaining the very best team members. With this in mind, we put our employees at the heart of everything that we do by developing their talent and enabling them to build long term careers. Testament to this, we are very proud to have taken part in the Sunday Times Best Companies Awards for 11 consecutive years - receiving our best ever result in 2017 by being named the UK's Best Big Company to Work For. 

Further to this, we are proud to have achieved a top five position in the ‘Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For’ for eight consecutive years, awarded the coveted three star status for four consecutive years and a special award for Innovation in Engagement, in 2017, that recognises our efforts to change perceptions of the industry.

Today Sytner Group has over 140 outstanding retail locations in the UK and is the number one retailer for many of our manufacturers. By working together with our manufacturer partners we are developing a growing presence in key European markets including Italy, Germany and Spain.

During 2016, Sytner Group became the UK's largest motor dealer by revenue, employing over 7500 people and retailing over 135,000 cars per annum, however, despite our growth and increasing scale, we are proud to still retain a strong family ‘Sytner’ culture across all of our dealerships.

We hope you enjoy browsing through our website and look forward to assisting you with your requirements.

For more information visit: http://www.sytner.co.uk/about-us/ 

Marshall Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT MARSHALL GROUP

Marshall of Cambridge (Holdings) Limited is the private holding company of the Marshall family. Founded in 1909, the Group had a turnover of nearly £1.6bn in 2015, and over 5,100 employees. Headquartered on an 900 acre site in Cambridge, Marshall operates in four market segments, including through three wholly-owned businesses:

  • Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group

  • Marshall Group Property

  • Marshall Fleet Solutions

Marshall is also the majority shareholder in the following independent public company:

  • Marshall Motor Holdings plc

 

FIRST 100 YEARS

Marshall of Cambridge was established in 1909 by David Gregory Marshall, in a small lock-up garage in Brunswick Gardens, Cambridge as a chauffeur drive company, which was an immediate success and prompted the move to larger premises in Kings Street in 1910.

During the 1914-1918 War, the company’s premises, which had relocated to Jesus Lane in 1912 when the trade expanded to include selling cars, were used for servicing and repairing of vehicles required for the war effort.

A chance meeting with Sir Herbert (later Lord) Austin during the Great War when David Marshall’s reserved occupation was as a catering manager, resulted in Marshall being awarded the Distributorship for Austin in Cambridgeshire immediately after the war, although the formal contracts were not signed until 1920.

Aviation was in its infancy and much of the enabling technology for successful powered flight was emerging through developments that started in automotive engineering. In fact the company’s first involvement in aviation dates back to 1912 when its mechanics helped repair the engine of a British Army airship, the Beta II, which had made an emergency landing in Jesus Green, Cambridge, just behind the Marshall garage.

It was David Marshall’s son, Arthur, who, having learned to fly after gaining an engineering degree at Jesus College, Cambridge in 1926, helped open a new aerodrome situated on the outskirts of the city beside the family home. From this airfield, known as Fen Ditton, flying training commenced in 1929 and a year later the Marshall Flying School was formed.

Business increased steadily through the 1930s until it became necessary to find a larger site, still close to the city, but allowing for the predicted expansion of activities that would be needed to train more pilots together with the engineering support for growing numbers of aircraft.

The company purchased the necessary farmland and in 1937 the new Cambridge Airport was officially opened by the then Secretary of State for Air, Sir Kingsley Wood. This was very opportune for re-armament was becoming an urgent national priority, along with the need for even more facilities for military aircrew training.

The opening of the Company’s second airfield presented Marshall with an opportunity to open a second garage, known as Airport Garage. Having been closed down as part of the war effort during the Second World War, both garages re-opened in 1945, with Jesus Lane concentrating on Austin Cars and Airport Garage focusing on Austin Trucks.

In 1938 a major flying training school for the RAF Volunteer Reserve was established by Marshall and training soon got into its stride with over 600 new RAF pilots trained before the Battle of Britain commenced. This increased in size and tempo so that by the end of the Second World War, the company had trained over 20,000 aircrew, including pilots, observers and flying instructors. The training scheme was universally adopted by the Royal Air Force in 1941 and continues to this day.

Alongside this training, Marshall also modified and repaired over 5,000 aircraft, ranging in size and complexity from the Oxfords and Ansons of Flying Training Command to such front-line operational types as the Mosquito, Spitfire, Hurricane, Wellington and B-17. During the Second World War, the workforce was expanded to around 3,000, including many female workers.

Postwar, aerospace engineering work continued to generate new business, civil and military, with with many different types of aircraft passing through the company’s well-equipped hangars and workshops. Most of this work involved repairs, structural modifications and conversions, but also included final assembly of the last production batch of 65 de Haviland Venoms. Many Canberra bombers were modified over the years as were a number of Vickers aircraft, including the Valiant, Viking, Varsity, Valetta and Viscount. Marshall also developed its aircraft design and manufacturing facilities, becoming a natural sub-contractor to all the British aircraft manufacturing companies.

Alongside its sister companies, Marshall Motor Group flourished in the post-war era and steadily grew to include garages in Peterborough in 1946 and Bedford a few years later, as well as a number of operations in smaller towns.

Marshall SV was founded in 1946 under the name of Marshall Motor Bodies Division. Following the Second World War, the reduction in aircraft work led to a diversification into vehicle body building. Aircraft fitters built the first bodies on commercial vehicle chassis which were sold to number of local and national companies including Chivers, Millers and Whitbread.

The early work of Marshall SV included refurbishment of London Transport buses, this led to the company going on to build over 90,000 vehicle bodies and more than 5,000 tactical shelters in over 200 configurations for the Ministry of Defence.

Some very early Marshall SV products included Black Marias for the Metropolitan Police, early state-of-the-art outside television broadcasting vehicles for the BBC, as well as radar vans for Marconi, ambulances for the Scottish Ambulance Service and military ambulances for the British Armed Forces.

During the 1950s and 1960s Marshall SV manufactured a wide range of buses; they took over bus production from Mulliners which led to the delivery of almost 5,000 buses. More recently the company built a number of buses for London Transport and other bus operating companies around the country.

Meanwhile in Marshall Aerospace, a new concrete runway was built in 1953, which was subsequently extended in 1971, and two years later the first of the very large hangars. This new accommodation could handle such aircraft as the Valiant, Britannia, Belfast and VC-10, but also, in more recent years, the Hercules.

In 1957 Marshall SV worked closely with the National Research and Development Corporation and Tom Bacon, the inventor of the fuel cell. The company and Tom Bacon successfully developed a three kilowatt fuel cell powered by hydrogen and oxygen which was demonstrated on an electrical forklift truck. This technology was later developed by Pratt and Witney in the United States and received an accolade from President Nixon when manned flight to the moon was made possible by the use of these fuel cells.

The Vickers Viscount was the first turbo-prop airliner in the world and was introduced into service in 1953, with 244 of these aircraft modified at Marshall in the following two years. Marshall also modified a number of Mk 2 Comets, BEA’s fleet of four engined turboprop Vickers Vanguard aircraft and BOAC’s Britannia fleet.

The skills developed in the Aircraft Design office during the 1960s subsequently enabled Marshall Aerospace to undertake the design and manufacture of the Concorde droop nose and retracting visor in 1967, on behalf of the British Aircraft Corporation.

Marshall SV’s diverse manufacturing abilities were particularly well demonstrated in 1963 when they received an order from RAE Farnborough to manufacture expendable sleds to test ejector seats for aircraft. The sleds were of timber construction and powered by rocket motors capable of accelerating to around 500 mph. They ran on a rail system constructed at Pendine Sands and were truly expendable as they all finished up in the sea!

Marshall Aerospace became the UK Designated company for the RAF C-130 K Hercules in 1966 and introduced the aircraft to RAF service. The company became a Sister Design Authority in 1988, and has supported the RAF fleet on a continuous basis since then. This has enabled Marshall Aerospace to win MOD engineering support contracts that have resulted in a continuous through-life association with Lockheed Martin and the C-130K Hercules. This has included complex fuselage-stretch production and major repair, modification and upgrades work for both the RAF and a large number of export customers also operating the aircraft.

1972 saw the launch of Marshall Thermo King, which specialises in the sales and after sales support of advanced, vehicle-mounted, temperature control units. With over 100 fully equipped mobile engineers on call 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year, operating from 10 depots across the UK, Marshall Thermo King offers unrivalled support to transport fleet operations across the country, including those for many of the UK’s largest retailers. Its sister company, Vehicle & Tail lift Repairs (VTR), complements the business offering, specialising in the service and maintenance of commercial vehicle tail lifts.

In 1978 Marshall Aerospace won a contract from the European Space Agency to design and manufacture a space sled for medical research in order to find ways of alleviating the problems of space motion sickness experienced by some astronauts and to provide possible training methods for conditioning the human balancing system. In 1985 the sled flew for 7 days in Challenger from the Kennedy Space Centre and covered 121 orbits of the earth.

The nationalisation and subsequent privatisation of the British motor manufacturing industry during the 60s/70s/80s saw Marshall’s franchise base broaden to include most of the well-known British marques: Austin, Morris, Rover, Jaguar, Triumph, Land Rover, Leyland, Rolls Royce Bentley and Aston Martin.

The air support of the Expeditionary Forces during the Falklands Conflict in 1982 was only made possible because of the installation by Marshall of air-to-air refuelling receiver equipment in RAF Hercules aircraft. This vital modification was designed, manufactured, installed and flight trialled within 14 days, with the first aircraft in operational service within 3 weeks from the initial design request. Following this, the company modified 6 Hercules as tanker aircraft which remained in service until 1995. This hangar also accommodated DC10, MD11 and Boeing 747 aircraft.

The Falklands campaign clearly identified the requirement for a long range strategic tanker for the RAF and, in 1983, Marshall built its largest hangar to accommodate the contract to convert civil TriStars for RAF use as both freighter and tanker aircraft for which Marshall Aerospace became the Sister Design Authority.

The TriStars played a key role in the 1990-1991 Gulf War and Marshall provided substantial support through essential design work for operational modifications together with maintenance and the overnight painting of two TriStars into desert pink camouflage.

The company has also converted a number of passenger TriStar aircraft for use as civil freighters in the United States. Both the Hercules and TriStar remain in front-line RAF service and Marshall continues to provide full engineering support with major modification and upgrade contracts.

From the 1960s to the end of the 1990s Marshall SV worked on a wide range of projects, including the manufacture of a large number of support vehicles for the Armed Forces, including in particular bodies for Bedford Trucks, later bought out by Marshall SV.

The company also built special vehicles for the Queen’s Flight and the RAF’s Support Harrier Force; the first air portable containers for the Rapier Weapon System developed by the British Aircraft Corporation; specially modified vehicles for the Special Air Service (SAS); engineering mock-ups of armoured command vehicles and armoured signal vehicles for the Fighting Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (FVRDE).

The company continued to build ambulances – for the Dutch Army as well as the British Army; developed the construction of a highly modified Land Rover chassis for the Armed Forces, including gunship installations; supplied special vans to Cambridgeshire Constabulary for police dog handlers; and even a racing car transporter for BRM.

Shelters were in great demand and the company received numerous orders from the British Aircraft Corporation and the Army.

Towards the end of the 1990s, building on their earlier reputation, Marshall SV developed and manufactured curtain sided vehicles for Green King and Whitbread. The cargo vehicle building business continued from strength to strength with orders received for several thousand vehicles.

It was also at this time that the concept for the DROPS Flatrack was born, utilising the expertise of both Motor Bodies and the Aircraft Division for the design. Over 10,000 of these unique units were supplied to the MOD and these have subsequently been demonstrated during both Gulf Wars.

Marshall SV has also been prime contractor for the supply of Mobile Field Hospitals, Power Pack Repair Facilities and Mobile Bakeries.

In 1992 Marshall Aerospace was selected by Orbital Sciences Corporation in the USA to perform the design and conversion of a TriStar to carry Pegasus rockets to launch satellites, with the first satellite successfully launched in 1995.

The rapid expansion of regional aircraft in the 1990s led to Marshall undertaking repair and overhaul work on BAe 146 aircraft for a number of airlines, including Virgin, and The Royal Squadron for use by HM the Queen.

In 1995 Marshall Motor Group pioneered the development of purpose-built multi-franchise operations with the opening of the Marshall Car Centre on Newmarket Road in Cambridge, utilising land already owned by the company.

With a large dedicated used car operation, a 60,000ft2 parts warehouse and 8 franchise specific showrooms and workshops, this innovative new concept led the industry.

Following on from the appointment as the Cessna Citation Service Centre for the UK in 1974, Marshall continues to this day to carry out routine servicing and maintenance on a wider range of Cessna executive jets.

Continuing its expansion into the civil market, from 1998 Marshall Aerospace saw over 100 British Airways and a number of Lufthansa 747 aircraft through the hangars at Cambridge, for modifications ranging from crew rest areas, first class enhancements, interior refurbishment and even the painting of the tail fins to remove the then controversial BA logo!

The company holds a wide range of authorisations to work on a range of executive and commercial aircraft from light aircraft to Cessna Citations to Boeing 777s. On the maintenance side, the company’s expertise extends from routine daily maintenance to a full aircraft depot check, and modifications can range from a basic instrument change to a complete avionics upgrade.

With the British Armed Forces’ shift from a Cold War emphasis to Rapid Reaction Expeditionary Force, Marshall SV’s military business has evolved in recent years from Equipment Manufacturer to Systems Integrator. Today, the military business is centred on providing rapidly deployable systems for the UK MoD and military customers worldwide, for use in a wide range of situations and extreme environments as well as for humanitarian operations and by the United Nations.

Since 2000 Marshall SV has developed a number of new and innovative projects. These include a range of modular medical facilities have been developed for the National Health Service and supplied to several hospitals, including a number of operating theatre and clinic units for Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Incident Response Units and Prime Mover vehicle systems have been designed and manufactured for use by the Fire Service and solutions developed for the deployment of counter-measures equipment to satisfy the UK Government’s National Resilience program.

Marshall SV has also designed Integrated Ground Stations for the Army’s Stand-off Radar (ASTOR) project and the Battlefield Communications project (Cormorant). The company is currently engaged in the manufacture of Ground Station Shelters for the MoD’s Watchkeeper surveillance UAV (unmanned air vehicle) programme and is involved in the manufacture of ground-launched low cost surveillance UAVs.

100 years on from the humble beginnings of the Marshall Group, Marshall Executive Chauffeur is still in business, operating a fleet of long wheelbased Jaguars, and offering a reliable and confidential service for stress free door to door travel, with experienced, uniformed chauffeurs and an expert knowledge of London, for both business and personal travel.

The Cambridge Aero Club is one of the longest established flight training schools in the world and has been training pilots for more than sixty years. The Aero Club operate a fleet of five Cessna 172SPs, an Extra 200, and a Piper PA23 Aztec, and can provide courses in JAR PPL, NPPL, IMC, Night, Tailwheel, Advanced, and Formation flying.

Marshall Executive Aviation offers private aircraft charter using Cessna Citation Bravos, a Citation XLS and a Bombardier Challenger 300. Private aircraft charter gives the ultimate flexibility and control, together with significant time savings, enhanced levels of security and strict confidentiality.

Marshall Motor Group is a Top 10 dealer group and the second largest privately owned dealer group in the UK and operates on the principle of delivering a flexible and personal service to all of its customers, just as David Marshall did when he started out in 1909.

In 2006, 60 years on from its beginnings, history repeated itself as Marshall SV, through its Vehicle Engineering subsidiary, began work on a project to supply the MoD with 7,000 Support Vehicles, based on a MAN chassis, to replace the Army’s existing fleet with a lighter and stronger truck which will last long into the future.

In 2005, Airbus Military awarded Marshall Aerospace a contract to carry out risk reduction flight trials for the Europrop International TP400-D6 Turboprop engine, to be fitted to the Airbus A400M Military Transporter. As part of the project, an instrumented engine and propeller was fitted to a modified C-130 aircraft, and the modified aircraft was flown for approximately 100 hours to examine in-flight characteristics.

Taking Marshall Aerospace into the 21st Century, was the MOD announcement, on May 31, 2006, of the placing of a £1.52 billion prime contract with Marshall Aerospace, to provide long-term in-depth Hercules maintenance and support at Cambridge and the main RAF operating base, within a partnership with Lockheed Martin and Rolls-Royce.

2009 saw the centenary of the Marshall Group of Companies, as well as the 80th anniversary of Marshall’s association with aviation.

 

GROUP VALUES

Customer Service

Putting our customers above all else

We value our customers above all else and seek to provide outstanding Customer Service through happy, conscientious and well-motivated teams.

Our business is founded on customer service. For over a century we have consistently put our customers first and this single-minded emphasis will continue. We recognise, of course, that outstanding customer service can never be taken for granted, so we continually measure, and constantly seek to improve.

Integrity & Fairness

Upholding the highest standards of integrity and fairness

We strive to exhibit the highest standards of integrity and fairness in everything we do.

There must be no gap between what we say and what we do. Our founder put integrity and fairness among the fundamental principles of his fledgling enterprise. Four generations on, we still abide by these core values. They are ingrained in the way we do things in the Marshall Group.

As our business has expanded internationally into new sectors, we have never lost sight of the essential need to reinforce our reputation for integrity and fair play.

Innovation & Creativity

Maintaining competitive edge through innovation and creativity

We maintain our competitive edge through innovation and an adherence to the founding tradition of a spirit of adventure.

Standing still is not an option. We must constantly change and adapt to meet the needs of our customers. Otherwise, these needs will be met by our eager competitors.

Fortunately, innovation is the life-blood of the Group. We are well placed to face new challenges and grasp new opportunities. With flair and creativity, we constantly strive to adapt and find imaginative solutions to evolving customer demands. In an ever-changing world, this deep-seated innovative streak helps us break into new markets, open-up new territories and achieve new technological breakthroughs.

People Are The Heart Of Our Success

Recognising that people are the heart of our success

We are successful in our chosen markets and people are at the heart of our success.

We readily recognise the power of our people to drive the Marshall Group forward. Everybody in the Group contributes, in various ways, to the products and services we supply. We value each individual’s contribution, encouraging everyone to reach their full potential.

We can achieve more, of course, by working collaboratively to reach common goals. Working responsibly under their own initiative, our people join together to get the job done to the highest standard. Four and a half thousand Marshall people, all with the same set of values and common beliefs, are a powerful force.

 

OUR PEOPLE

Our people are at the heart of our success and must remain so if we are to continue to position the Group to deliver the best for our shareholders and, indeed, all our stakeholders.

Employee development

At Marshall we have a strong commitment to the development of skills. In 2015 we invested in around 12,500 days of training and skills development across the businesses, which included 2,600 days of apprentice training. Our apprentice training programme has continued unbroken since 1920. More recently we have introduced Foundation Degrees and we are now able to offer our qualified apprentices the opportunity to go on to gain a degree. Our AeroAcademy is building an external reputation for the delivery of high quality training and we manage apprenticeships for third party businesses on a commercial basis. In addition to these programmes, we deliver or arrange many thousands of days of training to employees in all parts of the Company. We also recognise the significant development value which comes from employees’ active involvement at board and committee level in external activities related to the business, including the UK Government backed Aerospace and Defence Growth Partnerships, and the Royal Aeronautical Society.

Leadership development

The largest training and development programme we run is on Leadership Development, which recognises that the most effective people are leaders who inspire and motivate their teams and colleagues, rather than simple task-driven managers. The first phase (LDP1) of this programme was launched in 2012 and we are now nearing the end of the second round (LDP2). Combined, these two phases have impacted on more than 300 members of our leadership teams across all Marshall businesses, with positive results for both the individuals and the business.

One of the key strengths of this programme has come from the interaction between leaders in different businesses on the same course. The third phase of the Leadership Development Programme (LDP3) is launching in 2016. This is being developed in conjunction with the world-leading Møller Centre in Cambridge and will be a more targeted programme, for specially selected individuals, aiming to create a winning culture across Marshall. Where the first two phases were 2-day programmes, backed up by coaching and mentoring, LDP3 will be a much more intense programme. We anticipate that this elite programme will be career-defining for those who are invited to participate and we expect there to be some strong competition for places on the programme.

Employee engagement

Since 2011, all Marshall businesses have participated in the international employee survey run by the Great Place to Work Institute (although Marshall Motor Holdings first participated in 2008). We believe that the integrity of the survey helps us, business unit by business unit to identify and focus on specific areas which need improvement. Once again, around 3,900 employees took the time to give their opinions, answering 60 scientifically crafted questions as well as giving some verbatim comments. Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group and Marshall Fleet Solutions saw big improvements in their overall Trust Index Score and are now closing in on achieving official Great Place to Work status. Marshall Motor Holdings also saw improvements in the key measures and, pleasingly, have once again been included in the Top 30 list of large companies in the survey.

We recognise the strength which comes from a diverse business portfolio and, within the business, the strength which comes from a diverse employee base. Diversity in all its forms adds depth to our collective experience and our understanding of situations. Harnessing diversity adds flavour to the Marshall recipe and we are working hard, both at Group and within each of our businesses, to improve the balance of diversity in our workforce at every level. We are pleased with the direction of travel, especially within our team of graduate engineers but we strive to increase the rate of diversification across the whole business.

MAVTA Awards

Celebrating the significant contributions made to the Group by employees in all our  locations across the world is the main driver behind our annual Marshall Achievement Values & Teamwork Awards (MAVTAs). Employees are nominated for a MAVTA, either as an individual or as part of a team, by their peers throughout the year before being shortlisted by their own business in one of the seven categories:

  • Business Excellence

  • Innovation

  • Customer Service

  • Service to the Community

  • Leadership

  • Team

  • Best Environmental Initiative

The shortlist of finalists each year is published in December and the awards themselves announced and presented at a gala dinner the following January in the splendid surroundings of King’s College in Cambridge.

Long Service

Across the Group we recognise the long service of very many of our employees, with the individual companies celebrating all employees who have completed 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years of service. At a Group level, we continue to mark the extraordinary contributions of the many employees who have completed 30, 40, 50 or even 60 years of service. In 2015, thirteen employees received 30-year awards, a further twelve received 40-year awards.  Sir Michael Marshall was presented with a 60-year award, the fifth 60-year award presented at Marshall.

Community and Charitable Work

Involvement with extra-curricular activities directly benefits our employees and the Company, helping them to develop and nurture skills in a variety of environments and helping the Company to be an integral and active part of the various communities in which we operate. All employees are actively encouraged to be involved in the community, whether that be as a Reserve in the Armed Forces, a Governor in a school, a youth group leader, a charity fundraiser or trustee, a parish councillor, a reading assistant, or any other similar role. Experiences enjoyed in such diverse environments enrich the lives of our employees and the Company.

At a Company level, we are proud to be members of the Percent Club and to be involved, at a senior level, often as trustees or directors with a number of local and national charities, including: BEN, the benevolent charity of the motor industry; the Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust; The East Anglian Air Ambulance; Ely Cathedral; and the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation. Marshall is also actively engaged with local organisations and membership groups which seek to sustain the success and growth of the greater Cambridge area, such as: Cambridge Network; Cambridge Ahead; Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce; Cambridge City Deal; and the Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership.

Sector Support

Active engagement with key industry related organisations and professional bodies brings benefits both to employees and the Company. We continue, therefore, to encourage and support employees to be involved with bodies such as: the Defence Growth Partnership; the Engineering Employers’ Federation; the Institute of the Motor Industry; the Retail Motor Industry Federation; the Royal Aeronautical Society; the Royal Academy of Engineering; the National Franchise Dealer Association; the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association; Semta; ADS; and the Air League.

Marshall Network

Currently around one quarter of our employees across Marshall are under the age of 30. These younger employees bring new ideas and energy to the organisation and many of them will go on to be the leaders of Marshall and our industries in years to come. We actively encourage all young employees across Marshall to engage with each other and the Company through the Marshall Network, a self-led group of enthusiastic young people with a range of skills, who get involved with Company projects and community engagement, as well as organising a range of social activities which will help them develop a network of like minded contacts both inside and outside the Company.

For more information visit: http://marshallgroup.co.uk/about-marshall/ 

Beadles Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT BEADLES GROUP

The name Beadles comes from our founder John Clayton Beadle, who established the company as coachmaker’s in Lowfield Street Dartford in 1893.

The company was then incorporated in 1915, that is to say it became a limited company trading as Beadles Dartford Limited operating from new premises in Spital Street Dartford, and this company still trades today, as our Volkswagen retailer in Princes Road Dartford.

Having been established since 1915 our heritage is steeped in the tradition of providing quality products and customer service. We have grown considerably in recent years both organically and through acquisition.

In the mid 1930’s John’s daughter Nancy, married Reginald Rootes. Rootes was already a successful motor manufacturer and retailer, indeed his name lives on through the Peugeot dealer “Rootes of Maidstone”. In 1969 Beadles acquired premises in Main Road Sidcup operating the Rover franchise. On 20th December 1955 John Clayton Beadles died at the age of 83 leaving a son, daughter and the name of the company he founded. The business then transferred to Sir Reginald and Lady Nancy's son Timothy, who in April 1987 sold it to the company’s senior managers, who founded Beadles Group Limited, and are still very much involved with the business today.

Beadles Group now represents Kia, Land Rover, Skoda, Toyota, Vauxhall and Volkswagen from eleven motor retail centres across Kent and South-East London. We are also a Nissan service specialist based in Maidstone. We employ over 400 staff dedicated to providing exceptional customer service.

Our mission statement is simple; “To continually exceed our customers expectations."

For more information visit: http://www.beadles.co.uk/about-us/

Hatfields Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT HATFIELDS GROUP

Ernest Hatfield began selling motor vehicles in Sheffield in 1922, setting up one of the very first Jaguar dealerships in the world.  Today, his legacy lives on, with other famous marques and locations added to the Hatfields portfolio creating a motor trade name that customers can trust.

Hatfields is an independent, family-run business, operating dealerships across the North of England and in Shrewsbury.  As a group, Hatfields has established a successful dealer network over a number of decades, developing a loyal customer following along the way.

Representing a variety of vehicle manufacturers, the group caters for sales and aftersales requirements for Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo & Hyundai at various sites.

One of the largest independent dealer groups in the UK for Jaguar, Land Rover, Hyundai and Volvo, Hatfields employs over 300 people at its numerous locations. The company has acquired a reputation for excellence in all areas, winning awards and accolades from many car manufacturers and automotive media.

Customer satisfaction is at the heart of the group’s philosophy, and feedback from customers is always welcomed.  Three family members fulfil senior roles within the company, and they ensure that Hatfields maintains a fair, open and personal approach to dealing with customers.

For more information visit: https://hatfields.co.uk/about-us/ 

Lookers Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT LOOKERS

Lookers is an ever growing multi-franchise dealer group which represents 31 volume and premium car manufacturers throughout the UK and Ireland.

Founded in Manchester in 1908 by John Looker, initially the company sold bicycles, parts, accessories and the occasional used car.

In 1910 the business joined forces with a garage owner in Hardman Street in the centre of Manchester to create Lookers Ltd. Until the First World War Lookers Ltd was primarily a Ford dealer which thrived to such an extent that in 1911 the garage in Hardman Street had to be completely rebuilt to accommodate the business generated by the popular Ford cars.

The business was appointed a distributor of Austin motor vehicles in 1918 and continued to grow throughout Lancashire and Cheshire through the acquisition of a number of garages. Lookers and Austin became very closely associated such that the slogan 'Lookers is Austin' lasted for many years.

In 1929 John Looker retired. The business continued to prosper until WWII war started in 1939 when the Austin factory was committed to the war effort and there were hard times throughout the country.

Large dealers had originally operated as Distributorships, and as well as supplying cars to their own retail customers, they supplied cars to retail dealers in their designated area. The first major acquisition occurred in the 1960s when the Group moved into Yorkshire.

In 1973 the Group's headquarters were transferred from Hardman Street to Chester Road, where they remain to this day, and the Company became a listed Company on the London Stock Exchange.

Why work for Lookers?

As one of the UK's leading motor retail businesses Lookers is recognised for our outstanding business performance. Our successful business has been built on the hard work, commitment and the contributions of all our employees.

At Lookers we:

Have a dedicated and specialised training department. The company strongly believes in staff development and we nurture and provide our employees with opportunities for further training and career development.

Celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Guild of Excellence Awards which rewards achievement.

Share company strategy and welcome suggestions and ideas from within the business via the annual Conference.

Value our people, their ideas and opinions

Are a successful company with great record on recent profit and growth

For more information visit: http://www.lookers.co.uk/about-us/#Company-History

Harwoods Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT HARWOODS

Harwoods has been the leading motor dealership group in the South of England for over 80 years. The company has built up a loyal base of customers through its dedication to customer service which remains at the forefront of our business ethos.

Remaining fiercely independent in a market dominated by large Plcs, Harwoods has been able to offer customers unrivalled levels of care from both a sales and aftersales perspective.

From our state-of-the-art showrooms, to our impressive offering of prestigious brands - including Bentley, Aston Martin, Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover and BMW - and our range of dealerships across the South of England, we will be able to meet your motoring needs.

With strong links with the local communities forged over a number of years, the company has also built up a proud reputation for its support of charities, schools and fundraising initiatives.

Chairman Guy Harwood has made sure staff will always be at the forefront of the business and the company looks to promote from within with many of the team enjoying long careers at Harwoods.

We are proud of our manufacturers, our customers, our staff and our long list of exclusive affinity partners that now help us create the Harwoods Brand. We currently work with Goodwood Estates including the World Famous Motor Circuit, Goodwood Hotel and Spa, Goodwood House and The Kennels. We have luxury hotel partners such as South Lodge and its Masterchef winning Kitchens, Cowdray Estate is the home of Polo and hosts the Gold Cup every year. With more to name we could talk all day but rest assured, Harwoods only Partner with companies that share our ethos of the customer coming first, on time and every time.

A Brief History from 1931

1931
Harwoods established by Wally Harwood, father of the present Chairman, Guy Harwood, and based at London Road, Pulborough.

1939-1945
Harwoods manufacture munitions at its Pulborough site, for the duration of World War II. The motor business continues to expand after 1945.

Pre-1965
Guy Harwood began riding out for Ryan Price at Findon at the age of 18, Guy would go on to win 40 point to point winners and 14 National Hunt Races. Over the next few years he started working as a pupil assistant trainer to Bryan Marshall when he was 21 and five years later in 1965 he commenced training under permit.

1965
The present Harwoods head office site at London Road is purchased and developed. It originally consisted of a bicycle repair shop and just three petrol pumps.

Guy Harwood purchases Coombelands Farm which at the time was an arable and dairy farm. Guy Harwood soon established this into Coombelands Racing Stables which would become a state of the art training complex and succeeded in attracting some of the finest horses and biggest owners in the world. Guy went on to train over 1600 winners including 30 group 1 winners and the great Dancing Brave.

1979
The first of Harwoods' Land Rover franchises is awarded.

1981
Harwoods secure the Rolls Royce/Bentley franchise.

1984
Facilities at Pulborough are expanded to accommodate Jaguar/Daimler with Rolls Royce/Bentley.

1989
The Land Rover Centre at Pulborough is redeveloped to cater for the ever increasing range of models.

1992
Guy Harwood joins the garage business full time. The size and profile of the Group is increased as is the investment and management structure.

1994
The first of the recent acquisitions take place. The site at Brighton Road, Coulsdon is purchased for the expansion of Land Rover into Surrey.

Investment is made into providing additional Rover and later, MG, premises at Codmore Hill, Pulborough.

The Pulborough petrol station is rebranded to Esso with an upgraded forecourt shop resembling a modern convenience store.

1997
Jaguar relocates from Pulborough to a new state of the art facility at Terminus Road, Chichester.

MG Rover moves to the former Poplar Garage site at Horsham Road, Five Oaks, as the franchise expands.

Harwoods establish a substantial Accident Repair Centre covering Croydon at Coulsdon North Industrial Estate (in 2005 this site was awarded Land Rover and VW Group approval, also covering Audi, Bentley, Seat and Skoda franchises.

1999
Express Factors, based at Terminus Road, Chichester, is appointed as a wholesale distributor of Rover parts, along with Five Oaks, which continue to provide MG Rover parts today.

2000
Harwoods purchase their first Audi venture at Eastern Road, Portsmouth from the AFN Group, branded Portsmouth Audi.

2002
Harwoods are awarded the Aston Martin franchise, to operate alongside Jaguar at Terminus Road, Chichester.

2004
The Testwood Motor Group, Southampton Audi Accident Repair Centre and MAN Truck business are purchased by Harwoods. Southampton Audi becomes their second Audi dealership, based at Bournemouth Road, Chandlers Ford.

2005
Augmentation continues with our Truck business, with the further MAN/ERF Truck franchise is purchased from KL Commercials, covering the west of the territory.

Harwoods acquire their third Land Rover dealership at the former Testers premises, Stanfords End, Edenbridge.

Five Oaks Accident Repair Centre receive approvals from Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover and the VW Group.

A Jaguar parts facility is launched at Pulborough and the Chichester site becomes a specialist repairer for Land Rover.

2006
The Truck centre site at Nutsey Lane, Totton undergoes redevelopment as the former Testwood and KL Commericals businesses are amalgamated.

Harwoods purchase Bentley Straight Eight New Forest, based at Bramshaw, Lyndhurst.

The Five Oaks site is re-franchised and developed into becoming Harwoods' third Audi business, covering the Horsham and Billingshurst areas.

2007
Harwooods develop their Jaguar and Land Rover franchises into Hampshire by purchasing Webbers of Basingstoke, which also houses the Isuzu and Subaru marques.

Harwoods Truck Centre is relocated in its entirety to Nutsey Lane, following a large-scale redevelopment of the site.

2008
Harwoods acquire a further Land Rover dealership based in Tonbridge, Kent and formerly known as Hunt Grange.

Testwood Accident Repair Centre relocates to new, state-of-the-art premises.

Pulborough becomes the first of the Land Rover sites to undergo a showroom transformation in line with 21st Century brand standards.

The Chichester site housing Aston Martin and Jaguar is redeveloped to the latest franchise specifications.

2009
Basingstoke moves to a purpose built site in the Houndmills Plaza to home Jaguar and Land Rover along with Manufacturer Servicing for BMW, Mini, Subaru & Isuzu

2011

Harwoods Purchase Brighton Jaguar

Purchase of Brighton Jaguar to add to the Harwoods Group and cover the Sussex Area including Eastbourne for Jaguar and Used Land Rover sales. We have not changed the teams from the previous owners but have instilled process where needed to make our customers experience the best it can possible be

2012

Harwoods Purchase Gatwick Jaguar and Land Rover

Purchase of Gatwick Jaguar and Land Rover – Now renamed, 'Harwoods Jaguar of Crawley' and 'Harwoods Land Rover of Crawley'. 

2015

A new vision for Harwoods with our 2020 plan now in place and the launch of our new fully dynamic website to compliment further the brands we represent.#

For more information visit: http://www.harwoods.uk.com/about-us/harwoods-heritage/

Helston Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT HELSTON

Helston Garages was founded in 1960 by Mr & Mrs Carr Snr, as a filling station and repairs workshop located in the small Cornish town of the same name. In the beginning, the business dealt in and serviced Austin, MG, and Morris cars.

A period of expansion started when Helston was bought by the Carrs’ son and daughter-in-law, Mr & Mrs Carr, in 1975. Helston’s first acquisition was a Renault dealership in Taunton; in the years since, the story for Helston has been one of continuous but stable growth.

Today the group is one of the 25 largest in Britain, and its 37 franchise dealerships provide customers throughout Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset with high-quality new and used cars and vans from thirteen different manufacturers (as well as servicing facilities for three more brands). Helston Motor Group is very proud of its history and is determined to retain the principles of honest dealing, customer service and staff welfare that are responsible for its 51 years of success.

For more information visit: http://www.helstongarages.co.uk/about-us/ 

 

Rybrook Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT RYBROOK

A brief history

Founded in 1937 by H Whale as Ryland Motors, the Group’s origins were in truck sales and coach building. By the 1950s, Ryland was a Limited Company and the company’s focus changed to passenger cars. In 1994 the Group, by then one of the UK’s largest automotive groups, became a plc under the Chairmanship of Peter Whale, grandson of the company’s founder.

After 9 years as a plc however, Peter led an MBO returning the Group to private ownership. Since then concentration has been on the specialist car sector. 2006 witnessed the formation of Rybrook Holdings Ltd., with Managing Director Henry Whale confirming the group’s aims for future expansion in this sector. In 2010 Rybrook was named as one of the 3 automotive retailers in the UK representing McLaren. The McLaren Birmingham showroom opened in Hockley Heath in July 2011 and is situated next to  the brand new Rolls-Royce Birmingham showroom with a brand new Rybrook Specialist Car showroom above on the first floor. In July 2012 Rybrook acquired Porsche Centre Chester.

What we offer

Rybrook offers a range of prestigious marques to satisfy the requirements of every motorist, together with all the facilities and resources to ensure that these motor cars are maintained to deliver peak performance at all times and remain in perfect condition. It sounds a simple enough proposition yet it takes a dedicated and professional team and over 70 years of specialist automotive experience. If you have come to expect the very best support, discover what a difference choosing Rybrook for your motoring needs can make.

Williams Group

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT WILLIAMS

Williams Group are a premium automotive retailer based in the North West of England, with retail centres in Bolton, Liverpool, Manchester, Rochdale and Stockport. Our franchises include BMW, MINI, Land Rover and Jaguar cars and also BMW Motorrad. Our retail centres are stocked with the very latest models from these top class marques.

Starting out as a family run business in 1909, Williams Group have grown over the years, emerging as one of the most admired suppliers of motoring excellence across the North West of England. From our humble beginnings as repairers of horse-drawn vehicles we have developed to meet the needs of the local people as technology has developed.

We have dedicated staff at all of our retail centres to provide you with expert help and assistance whenever you need it, and we can offer personalised motoring solutions to meet your specific driving requirements.

We are constantly striving to make sure we offer a complete service to all of our customers and we can do this through our exclusive aftersales offering. With exceptional service centres at all of our retail centres, we can provide maintenance, MOT and repairs that match the needs of your vehicle.

You can find out more about Williams Group by following the links on this website, where you'll find information on our culture, history, customer commitments, contact details and much more. You can also explore the current range of vehicles we have in stock and arrange a test drive in any of the models at a time that suits you.

If you have any questions or want to find out more about Williams Group, get in contact with us today by giving us a call, filling in the online enquiry form or visiting your local Williams retail centre.

OIUR CULTURE

Williams Group is admired and respected throughout the North West of England and we are the largest family-owned group of BMW, BMW Motorrad, MINI, Land Rover and Jaguar vehicle retail centres in the area. This reputation has been built up over more than 100 years in business and we use this experience to ensure we continue to offer a premium service to all of our customers.

It is due to high levels of customer satisfaction achieved, that has allowed us to build such a successful reputation. Our customers know we go the extra mile, they will continue to return to us time and time again, which allows us to build long standing relationships. To match the premium nature of the car marques we sell, we employ some of the most talented and dedicated staff in the country. With years of experience and knowledge of the automobile industry between them, we can assure you expert help and assistance whenever you need it.

As well as ensuring that we deliver exceptional service, we also make sure we support the communities in which we operate, as well as local charities. As a proud partner of the Motability Scheme we are passionate about helping disabled motorists get mobile in a way that is personalised to them.

HISTORY

The Early Days

The Williams Group was founded in 1909, but it didn't start out as we know it today. Originally created by John Henry Williams as the Williams Wheelwright Works, the group began life as a repairer of horse-drawn vehicles for London and North Western Railways.

Originally based in Cornbrook, Manchester they moved to Trafford Street in 1922 and ventured into motor maintenance in 1926. Williams operated the first break down truck in Manchester.

In 1940 the company started to function as an army auxiliary workshop in tandem with the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers who were stationed on the site.

Post-war

Following the end of the Second World War, in 1948 the MoD offered the group a workshop in Fazakerley, Liverpool which continued until 1985. 

Williams Motor Company Walton was established in Liverpool in 1954 and moved to Scotland Road in the 1970’s and in 1976 switched to the BMW and Citroën franchises and began trading as the Williams Motor Company, later becoming Williams Liverpool.

A first car showroom was opened in 1960 on Deansgate, which sold new and used cars under the Rootes franchise, and in 1970 Williams acquired the BMW agency in Manchester. Around this time the Williams Bodyshop moved from Trafford Street to Hadfield Street, where it remains today.

Modern Era

A purpose-built facility was finally built in Manchester in 1984 on Upper Brook Street and in 1985 the Deansgate Showroom became the BMW Authorised Used Car Centre.

Land Rover was added to the Williams Group in 2000, the Solus MINI showroom followed in Liverpool along with BMW Motorcycles just a year later, with Williams purchasing Howarth BMW and Howarth MINI in 2003. A £7 million exceptional facility in Rochdale opened in 2006, while in 2008 Williams was awarded BMW and MINI Dealer of the Year Awards. MINI Manchester was also awarded the Regional Dealer and National Used Car Dealer award for the fifth year in a row, and BMW Manchester scooped the National Used Car Dealer of the Year for the third consecutive year. In 2009 Williams celebrated its centenary year before acquiring David Holmes BMW and David Holmes MINI in Stockport in 2010.

In 2013 Williams highlighted its ability to cope with the needs of modern motorists, as the Liverpool and Manchester showrooms became two of the first locations of BMW electric cars in the world with the addition of BMW i cars.

More recently, the group acquired the Jaguar franchise in Manchester in 2015.

For more information visit: http://www.williamsgroup.co.uk/about-us/ 

GRANGE GROUP

Retailer Group

Read More
ABOUT GRANGE

Grange have 60 years of proud and authentic motoring heritage dealing with marque manufacturers to deliver motoring excellence and trust to all our visiting guests.

Grange is a fast growing and successful, prestige, franchised new and used vehicle dealership group based in the United Kingdom that operate as part of the Motor Trader Dealer Group of the Year, award winning, Cambria Automobiles plc.

Grange have over 500 quality used prestige cars available for sale that suit all budgets with competitive finance available on all our range. Be assured that all our quality used vehicles undergo a comprehensive vehicle safety check to ensure they meet the highest standards. A standard of excellence that has been well refined to delight since we were founded in 1956.

Grange was founded by Frederick Chambers in 1956 with the first business in Brook Street, Brentwood, trading as a Service and Repair Workshop and a Petrol Station.

In December 1958 Grange Motors (Brentwood) Ltd was formed to acquire the business founded by Frederick Chambers and the business was gradually built up over the years to represent a number of manufacturers including, Lotus, Volkswagen, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Jensen, Fiat and Saab. The Grange business was later taken over by his two sons, Colin and Graham Chambers. They expanded Grange opening up a new business in Welwyn Garden City in 1985, which was a Jaguar and Aston Martin dealership. They further expanded with a brand new flagship site in Exeter in 1989 as a Jaguar and Aston Martin Dealership.

On 23 May 2003, Summit Motors Investment Limited a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation of Tokyo purchased all 3 businesses. This was run by SMIUK along with their other brands Invicta, Doves and Dees, until Cambria Automobiles Holdings Ltd purchased the SMIUK group on 31 December 2007.

In 2008 Doves Jaguar Croydon took on the Grange brand to become Grange Jaguar Croydon, along with Swindon Jaguar which became Grange Swindon.

In July 2014, Cambria added its first Land Rover dealership to its brand portfolio by purchasing Hadley Green Motors of Barnet, Hertfordshire. This also added Cambria's 6th Jaguar dealership.

On the 1st May 2015, Cambria completed the acquisition of the trade and assets of the Land Rover franchise in Royal Wootton Basset, Swindon from TH White Limited. Read more about Grange Land Rover Swindon here. On the 8th January 2016, Cambria completed the acquisition of the Land Rover franchise in Welwyn Garden City from the Jardine Motors Group.

In May 2016 Cambria opened its third Aston Martin dealership in Birmingham.

On the 5th July 2016, Cambria Automobiles plc, acquired the trade and assets of Stratstone Jaguar and Land Rover Woodford in South Woodford, North London from Pendragon Premier Limited, a subsidiary of Pendragon PLC.

Grange is a successful, prestige, franchised car dealership group based in the United Kingdom that operate as part of Cambria Automobiles plc. We are extremely proud to be a representative of the marque brands of Aston MartinJaguar and Land Rover across our twelve dealerships who are committed to delivering all our guests with an exceptional level of service excellence.

Timeline of key events in the history of Grange Motors

1956 - Grange Motors founded by Frederick Chambers in Brentwood, Essex and remained a family run business until May 2003.

1958 - Grange Motors (Brentwood) Ltd was established in December making Grange Motors Britain's largest independently owned Jaguar franchises and one of Britain's largest Aston Martin dealerships.

1985 - Grange Welwyn Garden City established with Jaguar and Aston Martin dealerships.

1989 - Grange Exeter established with Aston Martin and Jaguar dealerships.

2003 - Acquisition of Grange Motors Ltd by Summit Motors Group Limited (SMIUK).

2007 - Cambria Automobiles Limited acquires Grange Motors Ltd as part of SMIUK deal.

2008 - Grange Jaguar Swindon and Grange Jaguar Croydon formed.

2014 - Cambria Automobiles plc acquires Hadley Green Motors of Barnet to add its first Land Rover dealership.

2015 - Cambria Automobiles plc acquires the trade and assets of T H White Land Rover in Swindon.

2016 (Jan) - Cambria Automobiles plc acquires Land Rover Welwyn Garden City from Jardine Motors Group.

2016 (May) - Cambria Automobiles plc opens Aston Martin Birmingham.

2016 (July) - Cambria Automobiles plc acquires Jaguar and Land Rover Woodford from Pendragon Premier Limited, a subsidiary of Pendragon plc.

Barretts

Retailer Group

Read More

Barretts is one of the few family businesses that have been trading in Canterbury since the turn of the last century, providing a unique, personal and first-class customer service across Kent.

We pride ourselves on customer service, and with over 100 years’ experience, we know the level of service you expect to receive from a trusted family dealership. We are passionate about making the car buying process an enjoyable experience, with our team professional staff, that you can trust and rely on to guide you through seamlessly.

For more information visit: http://www.barrettskent.co.uk/ 

Duckworth

Retailer Group

Read More

Duckworth Land Rover, Lincolnshire's longest establish Land Rover main dealer and one of few family owned and run dealerships in the UK.

The Duckworth family has been connected with engineering since James Duckworth, a precision engineer from Sheffield, moved to Lincolnshire in 1952.

James’s son Martin, another keen engineer, was particularly interested in motor vehicles. From the age of 12, during school holidays and at weekends, Martin worked for an MOT and servicing garage in Lincoln. In 1962 Martin left school at 16 years old. Having already moved out to the village of Ingham, Martin and his father James opened a village garage and engineering business.

A combination of Martin’s drive and enthusiasm for the Land Rover brand and an agricultural customer base, whose main vehicle choice for the farm was the Land Rover Defender, encouraged the affiliation with the brand. During the late 1970’s Land Rovers had started to dominate the workload of the garage. In 1978 Martin began writing to Land Rover hoping to obtain the official Land Rover franchise which, after a lot of hard work and persistence, ensued in 1980. A new premise was required which would need to be big enough to house a vehicle showroom, a workshop and a parts department. A previously derelict workshop was located in Market Rasen and after a series of rebuilds and renovations over the years it is still the location for the Market Rasen branch.

Martin’s eldest son Ben joined the family business in 2002 after completing an apprenticeship with Land Rover UK, gaining an HND in Motor Manufacturing and a wealth of experience working in various departments and on a number of projects at the Land Rover factory over a period of 7 years.

In 2007 Ben took over the role of Dealer Principal and expanded the business to include a second dealership in Kirton, near Boston.  Between the two dealerships Duckworth Land Rover now has over 100 staff members and continues to thrive due to having a passionate customer service focused attitude,  an exceptional team across the dealerships, encouraging and supportive management, and a wonderful, loyal customer base.  

Farnell

Retailer Group

Read More

Vertu Motors plc (which trades under the Bristol Street Motors, Macklin Motors, Vertu Honda, Vertu Volkswagen, Farnell Land Rover, Farnell Jaguar and Bristol Street Motor Nation brands) was formed in late 2006 to acquire and consolidate UK motor retail businesses. The group was founded as a new entrant into the UK motor retail sector and is listed on the AIM market (UK:VTU).

Bristol Street Motors originated in the early 1900s as a single Ford retailer located on Bristol Street in central Birmingham (www.bristolstreet.co.uk). Since those early days the business grew to become one of the largest motor retailers in the UK with a nationwide chain of franchised motor retailers offering sales, service, parts, and bodyshop facilities for new and used car and commercial vehicles. The Group also operates a number of Bristol Street Motor Nation used car outlets (www.motornation.co.uk) and a number of Honda retailers (www.vertuhonda.com). In 2010 Vertu Motors expanded into Scotland, trading under the Macklin Motors brand (www.macklinmotors.co.uk). Vertu Motors plc is now the 5th largest motor retailer in the United Kingdom and was awarded the Motor Trader Dealer Group of the Year in 2008.

Inchcape (HA Fox & Hunters)

Retailer Group

Read More

As one of the leading franchised retailer groups in the UK, partnering many of the world's best brands including, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota and Volkswagen, we’re passionate about ensuring our customers come first, every time.

We aim to deliver an outstanding customer experience at every one of our franchised retail centres, and to support this all our centres have specialist, manufacturer trained staff to ensure you and your car receive the best possible attention. 

Our Inchcape staff are expertly trained and here to help with all your car requirements, so please feel free to visit one of our friendly, welcoming centres, or if you prefer contact us by phone or online. As always, the choice is yours.

For more information, please visit the Inchcape website: http://www.inchcape.com/en/who-we-are/inchcape-at-a-glance.html

Lancaster (a part of the Jardine group)

Retailer Group

Read More

Founded in 1969 by Nicholas and Ronald Lancaster, the Jardine Motors Group originated as a family-run dealership in East Anglia. At the outset, the group represented just four motoring marques: Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Volvo. Jardine Motors have also acquired a flagship dealership, McLaren London, located in the luxurious area of 1 Hyde Park, Knightsbridge. In 2013, Jardine Motors Group majorly invested in the refurbishment and development of a number of dealerships within the group. These included; Ferrari & Maserati Colchester, Toyota Colchester and Milton Keynes Audi. The group is committed to maintaining a high standard and share the Jardine Matheson ethos of constant evolution.

Since arriving in the UK, Jardine Motors has continued to expand, adding various dealership locations throughout the country. Jardine Motors is an authorised franchisee for 23 manufacturers, operating at over 70 locations nationwide. We employ over 3,000 team members throughout our locations, operating under the successful Lancaster trading name.

Parent Company: Jardine Matheson

Jardine Matheson was founded in 1832 as a trading company, based predominantly in China. The conglomerate is incorporated in Bermuda and is primarily listed on the London Stock Exchange. The group also includes: Jardine Motors; Jardine Lloyd Thompson; Jardine Pacific; Hong Kong Land; Dairy Farm; Mandarin Oriental; Jardine Cycle and Carriage; and, Astra International. These businesses are leaders in the sectors of: motor vehicles, insurance broking, engineering and construction, retailing, luxury hotels and restaurants, property investment and development and mining and agribusiness. 

Jardine Matheson’s business ethos has always involved a constant evolution to keep up with the pace of modern times; this can be proved in many of the ways Jardine Matheson’s subsidiaries have developed. 

For more information including a brief history of the group please visit the website: http://www.jardines.com/the-group/history.html 

 

Lindacre

Retailer Group

Read More

For information about the Lindacre, please visit their website: http://www.lindacrelandrover.co.uk/history/ 

Listers Group

Retailer Group

Read More

In January of 1979, Terry Lister and Keith Bradshaw founded Listers of Coventry (Motors) Limited with the purchase of a dealership and body shop in Coventry. Over 35 years later, the business stands as one of the largest privately- and family-owned automotive groups in the UK.

Core Belief

The fundamental basics of our business are simple: we put the customer first in everything we do, we respect them and aim to exceed their expectations every time.

This ethos has served us well for over 35 years, and we see no reason to change.

Trusted by Prestigious Brands

Our success is a product of the great people that work for us, and this is recognised by the many well-recognised and prestigious brands that trust us to represent them.

For more information, visit the website: http://listers.co.uk/Listers 

Lloyd Motor Group

Retailer Group

Read More

Lloyd Motor Group began in 1976 with just one dealership in Cockermouth, representing BMW. That dealership is still alive and well today, but since that time it has been joined by eight other franchises across 21 dealerships representing some of the World's leading prestige manufacturers – BMW, Honda, Jaguar, Land Rover, MINI and Volvo, plus BMW Motorrad and Honda Motorcycles. The company continues to be owned and managed by the Lloyd family and now employs over 800 people, all dedicated to providing the unique standards of service and attention to detail on which it has built its reputation.

Listed in the top 100 dealer groups by Automotive Management, Lloyd Motor Group is a forward-looking company providing a prestige buying experience from modern, state-of-the-art dealerships in convenient locations throughout the North of England and the South of Scotland, with delivery facilities to anywhere in the UK. 

HISTORY

Founded in 1964 as one tractor dealership in Carlisle, the Lloyd Group has now grown to have over 35 sites across the North of England and South of Scotland for Lloyd Ltd and Lloyd Motor Group.

For over 50 years Lloyd Ltd has been specialists in agricultural, construction, materials-handling and groundcare machinery, with more recent additions of domestic lawncare equipment and equestrian supplies, while, since 1976, Lloyd Motor Group has represented leading automotive manufacturers for car sales, servicing and repairs.

Lloyd Motor Group continues to grow, with dealerships covering Cumbria, Lancashire, Tyne & Wear, The Borders and Dumfries & Galloway, orbiting our Carlisle-based Head Office. Representing leading manufacturers in BMW, MINI, Honda, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo, as well as Honda and BMW motorcycles, requires us to offer the highest standards of customer care and technical expertise, for which we have an outstanding reputation. From new and used car sales to aftersales and bodyshop vehicle repairs, we cover every aspect of vehicle ownership and put the customer at the forefront of everything we do.

Roger Young

Retailer Group

Read More

From small beginnings Roger Young began trading from his fathers farm in Bolventor, repairing Land Rovers and Farm Machinery.

In 1984 Roger Young was given the Land Rover franchise for Defender only and in June that year the very first vehicle sold. Building on a strong reputation for honesty and integrity, the business began to grow rapidly and moved to larger premises at Saltash, where it continues to develop from strength to strength.

The current Land Rover showroom was opened on 12th May 1992 by Cpt Mark Phillips, when Roger Young subsequently became a main retailer for the full Land Rover line-up. The dealership has continued to grow to become one of the most successful businesses in the Land Rover network, collecting multiple awards over the years for customer satisfaction and vehicle sales.

2001 saw the introduction of our ‘Approved Body Shop’ with state of the art spray booths and body repair facilities, capable of repairing any make of vehicle to the highest standard. This facility has seen continual development to repair any make of vehicle to the highest standard and we are frequently modernizing our workshop facilities to meet the advancing technologies of our vehicles.

With 2006 came the expansion of our workshop and showroom facilities to cope with the increasing demand.

February 2011 saw the introduction of the Isuzu franchise, with Rogers’ son Matthew taking on the role of Dealer Principal. This franchise has also grown from strength to strength and in 2013 Roger Young Isuzu were awarded ‘Dealer of the Year’ for the second consecutive year.

This increased demand for ‘working trucks’ subsequently increased demand for bespoke canopies and saw an investment in highly advanced aluminium cutting equipment, within our on-site Fabrication Centre.

Our new Jaguar showroom opened in 2014, Roger Young Jaguar were the very first retailers in the country to be functioning from Jaguars ‘arch concept’ showroom, setting the standard for retailers throughout Europe. We are currently only one of three franchises to sport the new look globally.

Roger Young still plays a fully active role in the day-to-day running of the business alongside his wife Erica, son Matthew and daughter-in-law Sarah, maintaining the values synonymous with a family run business.

 

Royles

Retailer Group

Read More

Royles Motor Group, Wilmslow, is part of the Cheshire-based Royles Group plc. We specialise in the sale of prestige, performance and 4x4 Used Cars. We are proud to have recently been appointed as the franchisee for Zenos Cars covering the north-west of England.

Royles remains a Jaguar Authorised Repair and Service Centre. With over 80 years in business, we know how important it is to exceed expectations and deliver that little bit extra. We have a team of experienced Jaguar-trained and accredited technicians, each possessing the knowledge and expertise to maintain the performance and reliability of your vehicle. Our Parts Department also offers a Jaguar parts delivery service covering Cheshire and South Manchester

Established in 1935, Royles Wilmslow remains an independent family concern servicing the needs of customers across east Cheshire and south Manchester. Family owned with family values, the business is focused on delivering the highest levels of personal customer service at competitive prices. From our modern dealership in Wilmslow, we are proud to present a wide selection of new and used cars from some of the world’s most prestigious and iconic marques.

As a progressive company, we don’t compromise on any facet of our business, investing heavily to ensure our relationship with you is built on trust, dependability and value. Once you become a customer with Royles Wilmslow, we’ll do everything we can to ensure you stay a customer for life.

Shukers

Retailer Group

Read More

With a rich history that stretches back hundreds of years, the Shukers group has decades of motoring experience, a hard-earned reputation for quality, and is a name you can trust. From the humble beginnings of the Rubery Owen & Co. ironworks, through the manufacture of automotive and aviation parts as A E Owen during the First and Second World Wars and up to the present day, we've grown to become an authority on cars. Some of our expert team members have been part of the Shukers family for many years – and our customers appreciate seeing a familiar face whenever they visit us. 

All of our locations have forged strong relationships with local businesses, commerce and charities, and we take a keen interest in our community. By reaching out to trade suppliers of parts in our area, we're able to source a bigger range of items to meet customer needs. In addition, our support for charitable causes improves the lives of hundreds of people in our area. 

Local drivers can come to us for a brand new or approved used model, a genuine part or accessory from the manufacturer, and competitively priced maintenance. We now have authorised dealerships for Land Rover, Subaru and Isuzu in Shropshire, operating from our Ludlow showrooms. Visit any of our dealer sites to learn more about the vehicles, parts and services that we can offer, or get in touch to discuss your motoring needs with a member of our team.

Stafford (a part of Swansway Garages LTD)

Retailer Group

Read More

Michael Smyth founded Swansway Group in 2003, he had over 35 years in the motor trade and he was joined by his three sons, David, John and Peter, all of whom are motor industry born and bred. Swansway has grown and thrived in the intervening years and with Michael now clocking up 50 years experience in the trade, you can be assured that you’re being looked after by professionals.

We represent some of the biggest names in the business including Audi, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volkswagen. One of the things our customers value most is that we have a really thorough knowledge of the brands we represent and each member of the sales team and every technician knows the cars we deal with inside out. You can come to us knowing that your questions will be answered by an expert – and if we don’t have the immediate answer ourselves, we have a further network of experts in all areas of motoring.

Sturgess Group

Retailer Group

Read More

The Sturgess Motor Group has a long established history as a leading car dealer in Leicestershire. The company was originally founded in 1897 by Walter E. Sturgess when he set up a small shop in the West End of Leicester manufacturing, selling and servicing bicycles known as W.E. Sturgess & Sons. Since 1897, Sturgess Motor Group has grown to become one of the oldest family-operated motor dealers in the UK and also one of the most respected names in UK motor retailing. With a strong reputation for outstanding customer service in the local community and a reputation as a leading motor retailer in the wider community, Sturgess Motor Group has been a trusted name for more than 120 years. Sturgess Motor Group are not the biggest car dealer in the country and have no intentions of being so. Instead, Sturgess Motor Group strive to maintain a reputation as a professional company dealing in high quality vehicles and delivering exceptional customer service to drivers in Leicestershire.

PROUD TO BE A FAMILY BUSINESS

A family-run company to this day, members of the Sturgess family are still actively involved in the running of the company. We are a happy, settled and well-motivated team who are totally dedicated to the needs of past, present and future customers. We are proud to still be able to call ourselves a family business and look forward to seeing what the next 100 years will bring.

Taylor's Service Centres

Retailer Group

Read More

Taylor’s Service Centres is a family run company, based in Great Dunmow, Essex with over 28 years experience in the vehicle service, maintenance and repair industry.

Taylor’s Service Centre is an accredited and Approved Service Centre for Range Rover, Land Rover, Jaguar and Renault; we regularly achieve No. 1 position in the Land Rover customer satisfaction survey.

Over the past 28 years we have built a strong reputation for offering our customers a friendly, reliable, high quality service at a competitive price; we aim to provide immediate attention with or without an appointment. As an Accredited and Approved Service Centre we have to undergo rigorous checks regularly which is why you can expect to receive an honest, efficient and trustworthy service that is second to none.

As the largest independent All Vehicle Service Centre in North Essex, we offer Intermediate and Main Servicing in addition to Fixed Price Menu Servicing, to ensure and maintain the safety and reliable operation of your vehicle.

Our workshop technicians are award winning Master Technicians and our Service Team offer valuable expert advice plus direct contact with our technicians, if required. You will enjoy free visual health checks with most minor repairs completed at short notice, saving you time and expense.

Westover Group

Retailer Group

Read More

Working for Westover Group is more than just a job. As a family business with a fascinating history, each member of staff plays a key part in our successful and diverse company.

Many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years; this includes a number of our Group Directors. We have Aftersales Managers who originally joined us as Apprentices straight out of school and Brand Managers who began their motoring careers in our showrooms as Sales Advisors. Their many years of experience mean they are excellent mentors for our employees who are at the beginning of their careers or those that are new to the industry.

There is a reason why over 700 people choose to work for us and we are proud to be a local business employing local people. If you work hard and have a passion for the motor industry, there is no better place to be. With 16 different brands to choose from and over 28 locations across Dorset and Wiltshire, the possibilities are endless.

Join Westover Group and you will benefit from:

  • Employee discounts on all new and used vehicles, Servicing and MOTs, parts and accessories
  • Competitive rates of pay, company pension and life assurance
  • 22 days annual leave which rises with continuous service
  • Fantastic facilities and excellent working environments
  • Ongoing manufacturer training and development to support you in your role